Rumford, Newry, Bethel, Andover, Dixfield, Mexico, Roxbury, Canton, and Peru Fire Departments Manage to Extinguish Unattended Candles

rumford-fire

unattended candlesRUMFORD — Unattended candles likely caused an apartment fire that sent a man and his two children to the hospital early Tuesday morning, fire officials said. Firefighters responded to the fire at 82 Maine Ave. shortly before midnight. Once on scene, officials rescued the man and his two children from a third-floor porch. “We got here and there was a father and his two young babies up on the back, third-floor porch that were trapped,” Deputy fire Chief Richard Coulombe said. “We got a ground ladder out back; got them down.” An initial investigation by the State Fire Marshal’s Office showed the blaze may have started when a tenant in another apartment left candles unattended, Coulombe said. (Read more at the Lewiston Sun Journal)

Related Posts