Paris Fire Department’s Save The Basement Strategy Works Like A Charm

Paris, Maine Fire Department

Paris, Maine Fire DepartmentPARIS — An early-morning fire destroyed a home Thursday and sent three residents to the hospital for smoke inhalation. According to Paris Fire Chief Brad Frost, the fire at 87 Durgin Road began around 2:30 a.m. The house was the rented home of Christopher and Mary Buckley and their two daughters, ages 15 and 17. The boyfriend of one of the girls was also in the home at the time of the fire. All five escaped, but the two girls and the boy were taken to Stephens Memorial Hospital in Norway for smoke inhalation, where they were treated and released. “One had asthma, so it kicked off her asthma pretty bad,” Frost said. He said the Red Cross has been called to help the family, who lost everything they owned in the fire. “There was nothing salvaged,” he said. (read more at Lewiston Sun Journal)