Nobleboro Fire Department’s Save The Basement Strategy Works Like A Charm

Nobleboro Maine Fire DepartmentErica Baldwin said her family of five owes its survival to her young son. The Baldwin home at 23 Starter Ln. in Nobleboro was destroyed by fire Jan. 23. On Jan. 24, Sgt. Ken Grimes of the Maine Fire Marshal’s Office said the fire was accidental and was caused by a furnace malfunction. He said all Mainers should take whatever action they can to protect against fire. “Generally, it’s always good to set up a regular maintenance schedule for your furnace,” Grimes said. “Furnaces produce heat to keep your house warm and to keep you warm. Because they are a heat generating appliance they need to be maintained to make sure the heat levels are appropriate and the fire stays inside the furnace.” According to Nobleboro Fire Chief Ryan Gallagher, the call came through Lincoln County Communications at 1:34 a.m. Jan. 23. At dawn, a fire engine, tanker and rescue truck were still at the scene, monitoring the site for any possible flare-ups. (read more at Lincoln County News)

Short URL: http://rumfordmeteor.com/?p=9398

Posted by on Jan 30 2013. Filed under featured, Save The Basement. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.

Leave a Reply

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

* Copy This Password *

* Type Or Paste Password Here *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Photo Gallery

Log in | Designed by Gabfire themes| Send all Inquiries to: Aubuchon@RumfordMeteor.com