Lewiston Fire Department’s Save The Basement Strategy Works Like A Charm

Lewiston fire department

Lewiston fire departmentLEWISTON — Fire gutted an apartment house on Horton Street Tuesday afternoon and investigators say a candle caused the blaze. Several people called 911 at about 4 p.m. to report flames shooting from the building at 118-120 Horton St. Lewiston fire investigator Paul Ouellette was one of the first on the scene. He said the building was fully involved when he arrived. “Fire was blowing right out the windows and doors,” he said. “It was going good.” The fire started in a first-floor living room, fire officials said. A first-floor tenant, who left a candle burning in the living room, was in the shower when the fire caught, Ouellette said. He got out safely. (read more at Lewiston Sun Journal)

Related Posts