Canton Fire Department’s Save The Basement Strategy Works Like A Charm

Canton fire departmentCANTON, Maine — A lit kerosene lantern that was accidentally knocked to the floor started a fire that destroyed a School Street home early Friday morning, fire Chief Shane Gallant said. No one was injured in the inferno, but homeowner Steve Blair of 318 School Street (Route 140) lost everything, Gallant and Blair’s friends, Dianna Wright and Ron Dalton, both of Jay, said Friday afternoon. “We saw pictures of it and it was just horrifying,” Wright said of the fire. Gallant said the two-story wood building with metal roofing was engulfed in flames by 3 a.m. when the first firefighters arrived. (read more at Bangor Daily News)

Short URL: http://rumfordmeteor.com/?p=9093

Posted by on Dec 30 2012. Filed under featured, Save The Basement. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.

Leave a Reply

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

* Copy This Password *

* Type Or Paste Password Here *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Photo Gallery

Log in | Designed by Gabfire themes| Send all Inquiries to: Aubuchon@RumfordMeteor.com